Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bedroom Butterflies

I know, I'm crazy with 2 posts in one night!

This one is about some projects I want to do. Hopefully soon!

Anthropologie is one of my favorite stores, as I'm sure it is one of yours as well. I love everything in it! So last year I got a bedspread from there. This is a photo of it, from the catalog. That is not my room, but you probably knew that since the photo is outside.


So now I want to decorate my lamp shades to go with this beautiful bedspread. I will post before and after pics when I do it. I already bought the materials for it. I just need to sit down and do it. A headboard is the second project I will eventually take on. Probably just plywood, probably cut to a shape I like and upholstered with fabric that will compliment the bedding and adorned with some furniture tacks or something. Nothing too hard, just need to buy everything and pick out fabric.

Here are a couple more scenes from one of Anthropologie's catalogs that I love. Probably not going to decorate like either, but I love how they made one of the sets with all fabric. The windows and doors are sewn together, even the outlets! Just awesome!


Wouldn't it be great to be one of their stylists or designers??? I'm no clothing designer, but I could help with the catalog! Hire me!

4 comments:

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

I do love the butterflies. And I adore that fainting couch!

Carrie said...

You dream of being designers, I dream of being their photographer...and being able to afford more of their clothes. :)

Jennifer said...

Carrie, let's start our own line of clothes. Haha! I'll be the stylist and I know a couple other girls who would love to help. You be the photographer! Maybe you could help me with my jewelry photography.

A Joyful Mom said...

Very cool stuff. I see why you like so much.