Wednesday, April 1, 2009

*Lampshade*


So I have finally finished my lamp shade. I think it matches my bedspread pretty well. I have a matching lamp to this one, so eventually I will decorate the other shade. Right now I only have room for one nightstand, therefore one lamp.

It took me a while to figure out how to do this shade. I went to Joann's and looked at little flowers and other ribbon to put on it, but finally decided on yarn. I used tiny colored safety pins to attach the yarn so it wouldn't be permanent if I wanted to take it off. I love the tactileness of it! Here is a shot of it with the bed.

(and there is Winston, asleep)

5 comments:

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

Wow, that really matches well Jenn! OK so is this the bedspread from the post below? And also, on the shade did you use the safety pins outside or in?

Jennifer said...

Yes, it is the same bedspread. Looks a little different in my pink bedroom. The safety pins are on the outside because the shade is some sort of plastic material on the inside with pleated (not sure that is the right word) fabric on the outside. I didn't want to punch holes through that plastic. But the safety pins I found were the exact colors I needed. I mixed and matched different pins with different color yarn. I'm so proud of myself. Haha!

Kristina at The Purple Pea said...

Yeah it really looks great Jenn. I would have never in a million years have thought about using yarn. Good thinking :)

Erin said...

Cute room : )

A Joyful Mom said...

Love it! Way to think outside the box. It goes very well with your bedspread.